Friday, July 2, 2010

Dear Dad and Mom,

My Mom recently confronted me asking why none of my family has made it into this blog. Well here you are Mom. You are now in my blog.

Dear Dad and Mom,
      How are you? I probably should start with that because I don't ask you that enough. I'm sorry. You come to ask me that everyday, and my answer is always the same. "Good." Short and simple, yet you still take the time to care and ask. Thanks.
      I've come to learn over the last two years that you, my family, are the hardest to witness my faith too, and certainly are some of the first I should be trying too. Trust me I'm trying, but it takes small steps, and not the normal giant leap I try to take. I hope sometime in the future you notice a change in my heart if you haven't already.
     I'm slowly growing up and becoming more independent. In many ways I lack maturity. I know. I understand that a lot of decisions I still can't make on my own even though I try. I remember at the end of sixth grade I had thoughts of transferring to Discovery Middle School, and no matter what I did to try to convince you your solid answer was that I was staying at Zion. I was more then ready for a change in scenery, and worried no one would want to be my friend as a new girl in a class of 300 transferring over in ninth grade. I won't ever regret your decision to keep me at Zion. Yet again you were right. It's where I by all means belonged, because those were the years I was most rocky. I'm sorry I don't always listen to you, because I think I know what's better for me, but I know God blessed me with you guys so He could guide me through you while I am away from Him.
    This is barely the beginning of this letter, but it's a start. I'll have plenty more to add to it over time.
I love you guys. Welcome to my blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment