Monday, May 31, 2010

Blessed.

I'm running dry of deep thoughts. If you know me well then you probably just gasped so deep you coughed. I have summer fever... I can't think straight anymore. Once schools out I'm jumping into some inspirational books, and trust me the fountain will once again be overflowing.

As I sit down eating some food, and a little later some more food, and very soon after that even some more food. I realize how incredibly blessed I am. I have a roof over my head, a bed beneath my body, food in my fridge, friends in my heart, books on my shelf, clothes in my closet, a beaming sun in the sky, and trust me I could go on. PLEASE don't get me wrong though these things aren't what only make me blessed though. I could have NONE of these above things and still be abundantly blessed. Even without ALL these things without food, drink, house, a bed, ANY materialistic thing, you would have EVERYTHING, because even without those things you have GOD.

God your Friend.
God your Provider.
God your Counselor.
God your Healer.
God your Strength.
God your Deliverer.
God your Father.
God your Restorer.
God your Love.
God your Helper.
God your Shield.
God your Comfort.
God your Hope.
God your EVERYTHING. (Yes, caps was very necessary.)

As I worked on some deep thoughts to support these prevoius thoughts I figured why need I when I have EVERYTHING laying in the words below sitting in my lap, the Bible! Who better to get some support from then, the Giver of Life, Himself?

-Deuteronomy 8:11-18
(11) “But that is the time to be careful! Beware that in your plenty you do not forget the Lord your God and disobey his commands, regulations, and decrees that I am giving you today. (12) For when you have become full and prosperous and have built fine homes to live in, (13) and when your flocks and herds have become very large and your silver and gold have multiplied along with everything else, be careful! (14) Do not become proud at that time and forget the Lord your God, who rescued you from slavery in the land of Egypt. (15) Do not forget that he led you through the great and terrifying wilderness with its poisonous snakes and scorpions, where it was so hot and dry. He gave you water from the rock! (16) He fed you with manna in the wilderness, a food unknown to your ancestors. He did this to humble you and test you for your own good. (17) He did all this so you would never say to yourself, ‘I have achieved this wealth with my own strength and energy.’ (18) Remember the Lord your God. He is the one who gives you power to be successful, in order to fulfill the covenant he confirmed to your ancestors with an oath.

-1 Chronicles 29:10-17
(10) Then David praised the Lord in the presence of the whole assembly:
“O Lord, the God of our ancestor Israel,[a] may you be praised forever and ever! (11) Yours, O Lord, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours, O Lord, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as the one who is over all things. (12) Wealth and honor come from you alone, for you rule over everything. Power and might are in your hand, and at your discretion people are made great and given strength.(13) “O our God, we thank you and praise your glorious name! (14) But who am I, and who are my people, that we could give anything to you? Everything we have has come from you, and we give you only what you first gave us! (15) We are here for only a moment, visitors and strangers in the land as our ancestors were before us. Our days on earth are like a passing shadow, gone so soon without a trace.(16) “O Lord our God, even this material we have gathered to build a Temple to honor your holy name comes from you! It all belongs to you! (17) I know, my God, that you examine our hearts and rejoice when you find integrity there.

God is truly all we will ever need. Don't forget to acknowledge Him, and thank Him for being the wonderful provider of EVERYTHING you have, and all your abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment