Friday, May 21, 2010

Prayer...

A new approach to blogging for today, a little more light-hearted. :)

Prayer - (noun)

1.To talk with God.
2.A devout petition to God or an object of worship.
3.A spiritual communion with God or an object of worship, as in supplication, thanksgiving, adoration, or confession.

I will never be to grasp what a privilege it is to be able to speak at any moment, any hour, any minute to our Maker, our Savior, our Father.

Prayer offers a coversation with God, a way to communicate any feeling at any time, and be guarenteed that He will hear it. Although God knows every single thought on your mind He wants to hear what's important to you, and he wants you to come running to Him with anything, and everything. Prayer shows God you want to have an intimate relationship with Him. Lately I've been getting in depth with prayer in a book called 'The Power Of Prayer'. It offers me a chapter of knowledge and why that specific kind of prayer is important, then it offers a written out prayer to pray, and then asks me to write out three individual prayers that apply to my life. I look forward to coming home and reading it everyday out in the sun, because although I am often to tired to do a lot of thinking, it offers such great spiritual rest, and a filling satisfaction for my soul after a long day. It's been my 15 minutes a day of JUST God and I. No cellular device, no music, no other people, no distractions.

I'm shy when it comes to praying in front of other people. I'm so use to it being such a deep personal time, your prayer doesn't have to consist of fancy words, be organized by any means, or be a certain length. It just has to be an honest out pour of thoughts, or words from your heart. God takes it all. Your burdens, your pain, anything you confess. You can thank Him for the beautiful day, you can tell him all your mushy love stories, you can tell him why you are struggling with your walk with Him. Most importantly you can "Cast all your cares on Him for He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

Talked to God lately? He never gets tired of listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment