Saturday, April 17, 2010

Modesty.

Hey Ladies! :)

Just a quick reminder. Lately thoughts of modesty have been laid on my heart. Dressing modestly is so important as a Christian. The way you dress definitely sends a message out to others. As my relationship with God grows stronger I slowly come to understand, and become more sensitive to this. I've been noticing lately shorts getting shorter, and shorter, and shorter, and lower necklines. Remember how you dress effects more then just you. I wore a sports jacket today. It's a hand-me-down, so it's a little on the smaller size. I hadn't realized that I'd have to keep pulling it down in order for my back not to show when I sat down! It seems like such a small thing, but it really makes a difference. Guys are visual, and they can't always choose what they do and don't see. Have respect for them and for other with the way you dress!

~"Flee from sexual immorality!....Do you not know that your body is a sanctuary of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God? You are not your own for you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body." 1 Corinthians 19:20

~"Also, the women are to dress themselves in modest clothing, with decency and good sense; not with elaborate hairstyles, gold, pearls, or expensive apparel." 1 Timothy 2:9

~"But I tell you, everyone who has looked at a woman with lust, has already committed adultery with her in his heart." Matthew 5:28

No comments:

Post a Comment