Monday, April 26, 2010

Another brillant God thing..

Today was a pretty good day. Although earlier today I could've found a million things to complain about, my mind feels pretty numb right about now, but I'm just gonna jump into it!

This is my second year of track, and this year can't even began to compare to last year for me. Last season, in my mind, couldn't of been a bigger challenge. I can't even began to explain the level of difficulty for me. My shins killed, my [not known at the time] asthma had a good grip on me, and the only place I sought for support, my parents, left me pretty empty and hanging. I was determined to make it through the season, and once I did I found it only to be kind of rewarding. I had pretty much decided at the middle of that season that track wasn't for me, but in a sense I enjoyed it.

Yet again this year I let the same person encourage me to join as last year, Carly Haabala. I had decided that if I was going to take this path again I'd need motivation, and a purpose going into it. I figured out that the biggest struggle of last year was doing it on my own, so I had decided the strength would come from God, and the GLORY would go to God as it should of been prevoiusly. As soon as that was decided God laid His idea of the ultimate motivation at my feet. Cole Haabala. I realized as different as our situtions are, they are also very simular. Struggle, God, and needed strength couldn't and can't be advoided. Cole lives everyday fighting for his life, and living by the strength of God, he certainly can't give up. I realized that if giving up for him is never an option, then I didn't want it to be an option for me.

I must admit this season has been a blast, and I've been releatively healthy up until about two and a half weeks ago when I found out my quad was strained or something of that sort. It's not getting any better, if anything I feel as if it's getting slowly worse. I've been praying before practices that God would give me the strength I needed to complete it and surely he has provided. :)

As I walked out of the "trainer room" and down the hallway with a wrap on my leg, I approached my friend Keely at the drinking fountain. She looked at my leg then asked how it'd been doing. I explained it wasn't getting any better, and she responded that she'd be praying. As she walked away she turned around and said "Actually, I'll pray right now." She rested her hand on my leg, we closed our eyes, and she began to pray for strength, and healing for me. I thanked her, and as she walked away I realized one thing that NEVER crossed my mind was to pray for healing. I knew God could heal it, but I never actually thought of asking Him to heal it. It was definately a reminder from God that I can call upon Him WHENEVER I need him.

Don't forget you can call upon him anytime you need Him too, He's always there! Not only in the good, but in the bad too. He doesn't leave your side for anything. Don't lean away from Him, because He's our solid foundation, and our stable crutch to keep us up. He's got our backs.

"I have a maker. Before my heart, before even time began, my life was in his hands. He knows my name. He knows my every thought. He sees each tear that falls, and hears me when I call. I have a father. He calls me His own He'll never leave me, no matter where I go. He knows my name. He knows my every thought. He sees each tear that falls, and hears me when I call. He knows my name. He knows my every thought. He sees each tear that falls and hears me when I call. He knows my name. He knows my every thought. He sees each tear that falls, and hears me when I call. He hears me when I call." ~ Rebecca Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment