Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pounding. Pressure. Sweet Escape?

Pound. Pound. Pound. Do you hear that? Can you feel that?
I do. Everyday. This earth- it's like a battle field. No place is safe except for the welcoming place of the arms of God.

Judgements, and lies. The world feeds off them. They're everywhere.  I hear them, I assume them, I believe them, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Even the simplest lies are destructive, and I suppose in every way that's the point. It's Satan's purpose to shrink us in anyway that's possible, and to make us numb to our very own Heavenly Father.

I encourage you to take a look at what you surround yourself with.
Music. Tv. Books. Advertising. Media.

Just standing in line at the stores I notice so many magazines with covers that advertise how to loose weight, or what movie star is in love with another. To me it's so frustrating to see, but to authors it's their selling point. They're filled with lies. Yet they capture us! I learned recently in a Bible study that models have almost unrealistic diets. It also said that the average model weighs 23% less then the average women on the streets, and that this has led to two-thirds of underweight twelve-year-old girls to consider themselves "fat". To me that is so unreal. There's no purpose to it. It's a lie that Satan feeds to us- that we can never fit to the standard of this world.

Truth:
We are perfect and like in God's image.

To me that sounds great, but yet that doesn't even seem to have near of an impact as the earth does on pressuring us to dress a certain way, be a certain weight, to drink, to just go with the flow.

My question to you is-why?  Why buy the lies? Why let go of the Truth?

We hear the lies, but how can we recognize the lies if we can't first know and recognize the Truth?

Keep your ears open to our Heavenly Father. Talk. Listen.

Read your Bible. The book of TRUTH. It's filled with everything. The more engulfed I am with mine I realized the more I can recognize God working in my life, and the more I can differentiate the lies from the Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment